Many new students quite naturally spend time wondering how
they will feel in the surroundings of a new school. Such
questions as “Will I fit in?”; “Will I cope
academically?”; “Will I make friends early?"; are some of
the main issues for new students.
Great Southern Grammar has an excellent record as a small,
friendly and welcoming school and is keen to help make
new students' transition to the schoolas smooth as possible.
The school gives an undertaking or
all students and parents on what they can expect from the
It is also vital that new students have a clear
understanding of what GSG expects of them. The school's expectations
of students are:
- That students be fully involved in the school’s
programmes and experiences.
In addition to the academic
programme, this includes sport, extra curricular and
- That students attend the major annual school
events including Speech and Presentation Night,
Foundation Day, ANZAC Day, School Fair, and the
- To show respect to all staff, adults and fellow students and
not to take part
in or tolerate any harassment or
- To respect the right of every student to learn and to enjoy a
classroom environment which is conducive to learning;
- To wear the school uniform correctly and with pride;
- Ensure that students behave in a totally acceptable and
appropriate manner within and outside school;
- That students take full advantage of all opportunities and try to
give their best effort in all that they do;
- Keep the school clean and show respect the grounds, buildings and facilities.